This acid-based liquid cartridge cleaner removes debris overnight. Regular treatment with this soak-and-rinse formula helps filters operate at maximum efficiency.
Product Dosage & Directions
CARTRIDGE FILTERS AND REMOVABLE D.E. ELEMENTS:
- Remove cartridges/elements and rinse with clean water.
- Prepare solution by adding 16 oz. of FILTER FRESH® to 2.5 gallons of warm water in a large plastic bucket or garbage can.
- Place the cartridges/elements in the solution and allow to soak overnight (12 hours.)
- Remove the cartridges/elements and rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Backwash filter then shut off pump and drain water from filter. Leave handle in backwash position.
- Make sufficient solution by adding 32 oz. of FILTER FRESH® for each 5 gallons of clean water. Remove hair and lint pot cover. With handle in backwash position slowly pour solution in hair and lint pot with pump running. Do not allow pump to run dry. Continue adding solution until the sand or elements are covered.
- Shut off pump and allow solution to stand in filter overnight (12 hours.)
- Backwash filter until backwash water is clear, then return filter to normal operation.